The SMERALDA project was carried out by a consortium of small to medium-sized space companies. etamax space had the task of designing the on-board software architecture for the so-called Interface Control Unit (ICU), an assembly of large deployable space antenna (LDA). In the overall “Spacecraft” system, the ICU is responsible for controlling and monitoring the unfolding mechanism of the antenna structure in space, doing so with the aid of numerous sensors and actuators, as well as the important monitoring functions for maintaining data communication with the ground segment stations. In this project, it was also important to co-ordinate and define the multiple requirements of the very hardware-focussed software test environment with the project partners and project phases, in order to ensure an adequate “Verification on Ground” during the course of the system engineering.
- To create the concept and high-level architecture of LDA (ICU) software.
- To define interfaces to S/C for controlling the antenna actuator and sensor systems (TC/TM control, data entry and processing)
- Definition of control algorithms (incl. recovery measures)
- Definition of the HW/SW interface
- Definition of the tasks of individual software modules
- Definition of suitable test cases
- Definition of the test environment and test process to be applied
HPS (High Perfomance Space Structure Systems) GmbH
Techniques and Tools: